Hold Me Tight: A Relationship Enhancement Workshop for Couples
Welcome To Relationship Enhancement Workshop!
- Do you want to feel more accepted by your partner and have less conflict in your relationship?
- Would you like to feel like your partner is more accessible, responsive and engaged with you?
- Is it time to improve your relationship and learn how to communicate in new ways that promote better understanding and closeness?
This workshop can help you achieve these goals!
The workshop is based on the book "Hold Me Tight" by Sue Johnson. It will provide you and your partner with the opportunity to understand your relationship differently, increase your loving engagement, problem solve those tough, nagging issues and strengthen your communication skills through private exercises with your partner.
You will learn how to:
- Clarify and shift negative dynamics
- Act and feel more like a team
- Make sense of your own and your partner’s negative emotions and behaviors
- Share new insights about both of your inner worlds
- Repair past emotional injuries
- Improve emotional and physical intimacy
- Communicate with deeper understanding and closeness
- Understand your needs in your love relationship and respond to those of your partner while creating a positive, loving, and lasting bond
What to expect?
This workshop is an education program (NOT counselling) which will give you the opportunity to:
- Recognize that you are not alone in your relationship struggles and desire to make changes.
- Watch video segments of couple’s learning to create a stronger, more loving relationship.
- Practice conversations and exercises with your partner (you will not be asked to do any activities in front of the group).
- Identify the negative cycle that can create distance in your relationship and work with your partner to learn new conversations and exercises that create closeness, connection and trust.
- Receive feedback from me.
Will one-on-one assistance be available if we get stuck during an exercise?
I am only able to offer limited one-on-one assistance during the exercise portions of the workshop. When I help couples if they are feeling stuck during an exercise, it is not individual or couple counselling, but facilitation to help you in completing the workshop exercises.
Is this workshop for you?
All committed relationship are welcomed: married and unmarried, heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, younger or older. If your relationship is not in any real distress, or if it is in mild to moderate distress, this workshop is for you.
This program is NOT designed for:
- A couple in which one or both partners is clearly no longer engaged in the relationship
- A couple experiencing serious distress, including threatened by a current addiction, abuse (physical, or emotional, such as threat and degradation), or affair
- A couple in which one or both partners is suffering from serious unresolved trauma
- If you are in these situations, I recommend that you seek active couples counselling and other support before attending.