Couples come to counselling for many reasons. Whether the relationship is in turmoil, just requires some up-keep, or is perfectly healthy but looking for enhancement, counselling can help. Relationships don’t need to be about “adversity”, “frustration”, or “boredom”, but can be a source of extreme happiness, mutual understanding, and security.
In couples counselling, partners are offered a space to voice their deepest concerns or needs without criticism or consequences. Partners are invited to express their experiences, their dissatisfaction, their hurt feelings, and their hopes for their future together. They learn to relate to each other in a more productive way and move forward to a happier and more-connected place.
I provide compassionate support in many areas including the following:
- Feelings of being stuck in negative interactions
- Infertility issues
- Communication difficulties
- Pre-marital counselling
- Intimacy & sexual issues
- Frustration in the relationship
- Emotional disconnection
- Dealing with the aftermath of affairs
- Transition periods (mourning, sickness, job loss, arrival of child)
*Issues are often interconnected and can overlap with each other.
- Reduce conflict
- Restore trust and respect
- Rebuild connections
- Improve communication, and problem solving
- Promote harmony and intimacy
- Learn more about one another
- Increase awareness of what’s going on in the relationship
- Learn how to listen and deal with buildup resentment